Sunday 8 November 2009

No News is Good News. Message & Interpretation- Part 2

This was a week long brief continuing from the research task we were set the previous week before. We had to produce a set of 3 posters, image, image & type and type. We were only allowed to use 2 colours and a stock in the set of posters.

We were initially set a task where we were given four coloured pieces of paper and on each had to write 10 adjectives and verbs also then draw 10 symbols and objects that related to our research. This task was set before we had received the brief so at this point we didn't know what we were doing.

From my research I was split between two conflicting ideas. My original story from the newspaper headline or a story I looked into when relating my article to other refereeing blunders where an English referee gave a player 3 yellow cards in a world cup match before sending him off.

I wanted to continue to look into both stories I had researched so I decided to come up with some ideas for both and see which worked out better and that could be developed further. From looking at both the ideas I decided to go for the story where the referee gives the player 3 yellow cards because I thought my idea was stronger.




These are my final 3 posters:



I have decided to use yellow as stock and print my designs onto yellow paper. I would like to see how my designs turn out if I mono-print them. I hope to use my elective to experiment with this idea to see if I can develop it further.

No comments:

Post a Comment