Wednesday 21 October 2009

Alphabet Soup Part 1

This week was our first individual project set, I was asked to produce a set/series of 10 letter forms which interpreted the word picked by me from the 'Randomizer'. The word that I chose was Compress.


I decided to develop the idea where the uppercase letter is squashing the lowercase letter, above I was experimenting with the typeface gill-sands. I chose to use gill sans as it is a bold and clear font that I thought could easily be manipulated without warping the letter forms to much so that you cant make out what font it is. To give me a clearer finish I decided to try the same idea digitally, transferring the letter forms into illustrator and experimenting with different ways I could compress the lowercase letters.


No comments:

Post a Comment