Wednesday 3 November 2010

Catalogue Distribution

As I want my catalogue to be readily available for potential costumers, it needs to be easily distributed out to where ever they live. The catalogue and guide will potentially be distributed at the same time with the idea that there will be multiple catalogues for each different areas of the world. I need to design an affective way to contain the multiple items within the constraints of the various postal dimensions.

Looking on the Royal Mails website I found there specifications for the distribution from letters to packages.


I'm currently split between the idea of containing the catalogues within a bow or sealable bag. There are benefits and drawbacks to both, initially the box/case was my first choice as it protects and contains the various items very well although there is more materials which would increase the cost of the printing. This is were I thought of the idea of having the catalogues contained with a sealable bag, this would save on the cost but the catalogues are more likely to be damaged in the process of distribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment