Monday 5 December 2011

Defining look book spreads order

Before I start the look book I wanted to make sure that the whole publication fitted together so that the weren't any blank pages when it comes to finalising the file ready for print.


The original page order for the look book. Not thinking about how the book would go together I decided on 14 pages which looking back is a stupid mistake as books/magazines are designed to be paginated in multiples of 4, so I decided to increase the amount of pages to 20.
 As this s a publication showcasing the typeface increasing the amount of pages is a good idea. I want to include a spread for each weight have a brief explanation of the process of how I worked on the typeface and various page breaks to show certain elements of the typeface which will link into the posters. I chose to include the page breaks as it would change the pacing of the book meaning that the viewer wouldn't just be getting overwhelmed with the text. 

After chopping and changing the order I have come up with an order that I am happy with, making sure that there is no text on the inside of the cover as I want to keep it primarily on pages 3-22.




































Final proposed order for the look book, this will make printing and designing easier know what the specific order is so everything can link together.
02 Look Book Proposed Cont

No comments:

Post a Comment